The map is taken from the map published by Sayyid Riza Khan in 1923-4 reproduced in M. Haneda, “The Character of Urbanisation of Isfahan in the later Safavid Period” in ed. C. Melville, Safavid Persia (Cambridge, 1996). See also H. Gaube and E. Wirth, Der Bazar von Isfahan (Wiesbaden, 1978) and H. Gaube’s map in TAVO B VII 14.5. The maps have been redrawn to delete twentieth-century roads but to show the old city (al-Yahūdiyya) and the Safavid extensions to the south- west. The walls had already disappeared by the Safavid period and their course is only approximate.